CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

It's Mario Time Part 3

Ready for more?  If you missed invitations and guest tables you might want to back up and catch those :)

The Desert table was the most fun and actually there was alot more that I wanted to do but just simply ran out of time!

Starting with the candy -- a MUST have for any party -- I went with Large swirl pops, rainbow licorice, dipped marshmellows, chocolate and bubblegum coins, gumballs, and some old fashion candy sticks!

I purchased most of the candy from orientalexpress.com.....I love that place!!!

At Michael's you can find plain empty boxes (which I did) and then masterfully turn them into question boxes with a little paint!  Now I know there are a lot of other ways to do this....I've seen cardboard boxes, glass blocks.....but for me this proved to be the most economical!  Plus I was able to cut the Question marks with my beloved cricut!  I used the question boxes to display the dipped marshmallows.  

Now if you haven't had dipped marshmallows before, then you must try them!  Kids love them, they can be done in any coordinating colors and best of all they take very little time!  I chose to use the red melts for my candy dip and sprinkles!  HUGE HIT!


 We also found some PVC pipe from orshelen's and painted it green.  These are very inexpensive and give you display pieces that fit right with the theme!  We used these to display our "Fire Power Flowers" which of course were our big swirl suckers!

The rest of the candy we spread out on the table and left our treat bags to be filled up at the end of the party......candy is fun, but I don't want to take it all home! LOL!

And of course what is a party with out hats?  I found these adorable Mario and Luigi hats on ebay and because we had several little girls coming I also picked up some princess tiaras at the dollar store!  After all Mario has to save the princess you know!


  The cake I did with a sheet cake pan and a square cake pan and I have to admit I broke the rules a little on this:) I REALLY wanted to use fondant but new that the taste was not the best so I chose to frost my cake with buttercream, and then use fondant for all of the decorating :)  This worked great! And everyone was happy!  For the figures I found a kit on ebay that came with everyone, however I think you can get the same kit at any party store :)

I cut out stars, and made the bushes...........I used buttercream on the very top for billowy clouds.  I also made some pipes, some coins, and some fire power! 





e f
One of my favorite parts of this party was the chocolate mustaches!  I found a candy mold on ebay for less then $2.00 and made the mustaches myself!  You can by ready made ones but they are a couple of dollars a piece and I knew I could make them for a lot less!

Now when you have your party of course dress your little one accordingly!  And you end up with this cute much of Marios, Luigis, and Princesses!  

Have Fun!! 





XOXO

0 comments:

Post a Comment