CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, September 10, 2012

It's Mario Time! All about the Decorations!!





It's  MARIO TIME!

Who doesn't love the Mario Brothers!  I fell in love with this game the first time I played it on the Super Nintendo!  LOVE LOVE LOVE!  I used to play with my niece as she was growing up and now the tradition is carried on with the Mario Brothers WII edition!  And It's only gotten better hasn't it? That's why this party was soooo much fun! 

If you missed the first article you will want to check it out because it has some great invitation information you won't want to miss!

For me, as I started this adventure, candy kept getting in the way :)  and before I knew it, Candy became a very major player in my party planning!

Starting with the Primary Colors...........Red, Green, Blue, and Yellow......it was pretty easy for my imagination to just start running away like crazy!



I really like the Red/Yellow combination so all of the tables for guests had Red and Yellow table clothes which I picked up at the Dollar Store.  A nice touch to these are Chocolate Coins the whole length of the table...........that gives everyone a little treat while they are visiting!  These are a little bit more complicated to find.......You can get them anywhere around easter, but if you are having a party in the fall or winter it can be a little tougher........I finally found some at the Cracker Barrel.  You can order them online but it seems only in bulk :)

Another Awesome touch to these tables would be glass jar center pieces filled with skittles or M&M's with a number candle stuck inside (I got this idea from Jac o'lyn Murphy and you can visit her site by clicking the pic :), and cloud balloons down the center of the tables :) The balloons can be found on amazon and birthday express and they are Super cute!




Keeping things kind of simple on the buffet table..........we went with green tablecloths (from the dollar store) and red and blue plates, green and yellow napkins, and red and yellow plastic wear.  We found all of these items at Walmart for a dollar each..............You can also get very cute Mario themed table wear at birthdayexpress.com which is a store that I LOVE, however for this party I wanted to spend my money on the more whimsical things :)  
This really is the kind of party that the sky is the limit!  

I will be back tomorrow with the Desert Table (which is the most fun by the way)!


XOXO 



0 comments:

Post a Comment